Monday, October 26, 2009

William

This poem was created by William following his traditional romantic style in the sense that nature is almost life.

My Heart Leaps Up

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

The first two lines is where William is realizing that he lives in a vast circle of life, and that even though he may die, nature continues

Then as you continue to read farther, he refers to more of his spiritual life and he says this in the line "The Child is father of the Man"

Then he continues to realize that he should not take life for granted, and continue to seek comfort in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment